Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3: Thirty Days of Thankkful

I was saving this one for today. I am thankful for my husband! Today is Saturday, and one thing that he regularly does is take the two older kids out to breakfast. Now the third kid is almost two, so it looks like she is going to be able to join in on these outings. I am thankful that my husband loves us his family! He takes care of us on so many levels.

He leads us in family devotions after dinner, and patiently helps the kids with their memory work. He encourages us and extended family members with godly living and working hard with the blessings and talents God gives.

Last night he had a sleepover with Brookie and Small Fry. They watched movies downstairs, and then he had each of the kids make themselves a little bed on their bean bags while he slept on the couch. He even set up space heaters special just so the kids wouldn't be cold.

He is such a hard worker. Not only does he go to work every day to provide for us, he comes home and does things around the house. This past summer he did the bulk of the gardening and preserving. He canned over 200 quarts of vegetables and applesauce. I know! He is amazing. Now he is in the midst of deer hunting season to put some venison in the freezer. He also works hard at losing weight! He even WON a weight-loss competition at work.

Big Fish has a fun sense of humor and a calmness that both help us work through hard things and help our communication. He can definitely give me a pull back to reality when I fly off the handle!

One other paragraph of what he is doing today: after he does a little hunting and then breakfasting with the kids he is then going to watch ALL FOUR kids for 3-4 hours, so that I can visit with a friend. Then we are to have some time together this evening; of course he asked if I wanted to go hunting with him. I'm still thinking about that.....

Thank you Lord for the man of my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!