Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 19: 30 Days of Thankful

So, I'm a little behind; but it is certainly not because I do not have many things for which to be thankful!

Day 17: I am thankful for our chickens and honeybees. They provide us with the eggs and honey that I use almost every day in the kitchen. My kids love "honey toast", and the eggs are just great for baking and eating. We even had breakfast-for-lunch after church yesterday.

Day 18: I am thankful for the Sunday School teachers at our church. My children are still young, and the sermon can be a challenge for them to glean lots of teaching and application. But in Sunday School, the children have a wonderful opportunity to learn more about our God. Our teachers are patient and loving, and I appreciate the time and effort they put into preparing and teaching the lessons. My children fall into 3 different age groups, so we are taking full benefit from the teachers at our church.

Day 19: I am thankful today for a day at home and knowing that dinner is cheeseburgers on the grill. Simple days mean catching up on laundry and spending time on schoolwork. I have a few more gifts to make for Thursday. Thanksgiving is at our house!! Woohoo. Some relatives are only seen at Thanksgiving, so I want to have a wee baggie of Christmas goodies for them.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!