Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 28: 30 Days of Thankful

Brr! 30 degrees this chilly Wednesday morning! Here's a two 'fer!

Day 27: I'm thankful for my third child, my second daughter. I don't have a picture, and she is sleeping right now. Reason why I don't have a picture? The girl is on fire (!) all the time; she is the busiest person I know. Her 2nd birthday is in a few short weeks, and every day she is learning new words. Her favorite activities include scolding her brother and the dog, scribbling with crayon on paper, looking at books, having a little snack that she can carry around in a little bowl, singing little songs (my current favorite is "Dingle Bells"!), and looking cute. She still takes a nap and still uses a cloth diaper as a blankie. Her thumb pops in her mouth when she picks up her blankie. Lydia has this deep belly laugh that we love to activate. I am thankful that she gives me a kiss whenever I ask for one.

Day 28: I am thankful for my knitting and spinning. I just have an urge to work with my hands, and I've been reading articles discussing the therapeutic benefits of something like knitting. I can attest! When I feel like my head is spinning, the thought of knitting just pops in my head. Even a few minutes of knitting can settle me and give a few minutes that I can work out my mental to-do list and still be making something. My friend and I joked before that we are yarn snobs. I do love working with natural fibers - mainly wool and silk (the pricey stuff). My husband still can't understand that I want to use my Christmas cash for yarn!

Well, enough rambling today! Hope you all have a nice Wednesday. Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!