Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Cast of Characters

So, I think I've come up with a plan for how to name the members of my immediate family in this blog. For now, at least, I'll keep their "real" names private. Maybe this will change in the future, but for the beginning of this blog I'll give them nicknames (thanks Kathy for the suggestion!).




My husband is an outdoorsman to the enth degree, and he particularly enjoys fishing. He prefers trout fishing in cold mountain streams that he wades right up the middle to hunt out his prey. He is always trying to explain to me how peaceful, beautiful and blessed the whole experience is; and I certainly agree that this all works for him. (I, on the other hand, have an unhealthy fear of watersnakes; so the whole wading in the water and feeling peaceful thing just doesn't seem to work as well for me. That and trying not to fall in - anyway, where was I?) So, my husband, will now be referred to as "Big Fish".


I picked this nickname for him not only for his love of fishing and trying to catch the big fish, but also because I definitely caught the big fish when we were married. He is truly a gift from the Lord!



The kids' nicknames stem from the fishing theme as well. My daughter, who is 3, shall be referred to as "Brookie". One of her dad's favorite fish to catch is a brook trout, and she is one of my most favorite little people! My son, who is 1, will have the nickname of "Small Fry" for obvious reasons. Maybe, when he is a strapping teenager I might change that! Here they are enjoying some arts and crafts time at my parents' table.

How about you? What do you do on your blog to name people that you love? I'd be interested to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!