Sunday, October 25, 2009

Apple Crisp Recipe

I asked my mom where she had found this recipe for her apple crisp. She said that a roommate of hers in college had baked it often. So, I have grown up eating this! The recipe is fairly simple, and it has a lot of wiggle room. Here is the recipe along with my adjustments:

Apple Crisp Recipe

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a deep dish baking pan. Peel, core, and slice apples into the pan. I used 13 apples when I made this last week, and they were fairly large apples. The lady at the apple orchard provided me with Jonathan, Cortland, and Yellow Delicious apples. Remember that the apples cook down, so make a mound of them!

Pour about 1 cup of water over the apples, so they don't burn and stick to the bottom. Sprinkle at least 2 teaspoons of cinnamon all over the top of the apples.

Make the crumb topping by combining (with fingertips or a pastry blender or a food processor) 14 tablespoons of butter, 2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups flour. This is an area which I adjust. I probably make about 1 1/4 extra of this part of the recipe! What can I say, I'm a topping girl! Combine until crumbly. Sprinkle all over the apples - put it on thick!!

Bake at least 30 minutes. Make sure the apples are soft. For extra consumer enjoyment, serve with homemade whipped cream!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe. You'll have to check out my daughters blog, qmpz.blogspot.com You both have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, that sounds AWESOME. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!