Friday, July 30, 2010

Pork: It's What's for Dinner!

All day my house has had the aroma of roasting pork. Not just any pork, mind you, but this recipe for spicy pork. This is one of my favorite dishes; I just eat and eat come dinner time! The tortillas, limes, cilantro, and sour cream are just waiting in the 'fridge to be welcome additions for dinner.

I have to say that our local meat market provided the perfect pork shoulder roast; previously I have bought the roast from the grocery store. I am particularly excited about the nice layer of fat (healthy much?) on one side that will crisp up in the last 20 minutes of roasting when I turn up the heat.

Go forth and make this for yourself!

In other news, the week has flown by. The kids and I explored a local used book store. I needed a Dicken's novel in cheap, paperback form for an upcoming book discussion. We came away with a bag full of treasures. I've always thought that I'd like to read the Harry Potter series but have never taken the time to do so. I came away with the first book from the store!

The kids enjoyed blowing bubbles on the front porch step today. Small Fry is still mastering the art of blowing into his bubble wand. He had some pretty hilarious attempts today; one he actually spit through the hole!

I hope you all have a sweet weekend in your parts of the world!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted that recipe! We get pork roasts in our CSA box from time to time, and I've only ever thought to make bbq. This sounds SOOOO good though!!!

    xx
    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!