Friday, February 22, 2013

Kale

Lately we have been enjoying some simple recipes with kale. One of my friends from church helped me figure out the kale chips; she's a pro.

Kale Chips

lots of kale (it cooks down)
olive oil
salt

Heat oven to about 350. Coat kale with a light layer of olive oil (I get my hands in there and really massage the kale leaves). Spread out in shallow layers on roasting pan (I use a cookie sheet covered with foil). Sprinkle with salt, and check every 10 minutes until they get crispy at the edges. Sometimes I turn on the broiler for a few minutes to help with the moisture. Sometimes I don't!

Kale Salad

Chop up kale into whatever size bites you want! Coat with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt. Can add in things like minced garlic and pepper. Go crazy.


When the weather warms a bit I want to try some kind of green smoothie using kale and fruit.

2 comments:

  1. Those kale chips sound amazing! (And yes, FAR better than Burger King) Wish I could come try a few :) Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently discovered kale chips too, Sarah! I found that if I use nutritional yeast with the oil/salt I end up eating the entire pan...plus all those b vitamins are excellent for you. :) That's my excuse anyway. Glad I stumbled across your blog from Facebook, hope you all are well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!