Thursday, November 19, 2009

House Update

Well, we are in the final push! Tomorrow (Friday) at 10 a.m. is the scheduled closing on our hopeful-new-house! This past week has been a frantic scramble to get it all together. I think our mortgage broker has been doing most of the frantic scrambling!

Today I discovered I needed to take our down payment in the form of a cashier's check. Well, the bank with which we have our accounts does not have any branches in the area! We had to do some quick thinking and phone calling. It looks like Big Fish will be able to wire the money while he is in VA picking up our belongings with the moving company.

Did I mention that I had to get power of attorney to sign the papers for Big Fish and I? Just another detail we had to take care of this week. I can't wait for the big sigh of relief that will happen after the papers are signed!

As I told our mortgage broker, we sure do have a lot to be thankful for (even with our closing day being pushed around). As another friend in a very similar house situation described; we just have to realize that this is all part of God's plan!!

One wonderful event this week for which we are mightility thankful: the arrival of my brother! He landed in Philly yesterday from his job as a missionary doctor in Uganda. He'll be home for about 3 weeks; we'll get to see him next week! Brookie has been coloring lots of pictures in preparation for her uncle's visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!