Monday, June 18, 2012

A Post.....With Pictures!

I finally grabbed the camera to post a few updates. Let's see if I can "make it work".





One fun summer activity for the older two children seems to be pans of dry beans and rice. I set them outside with various kitchen utensils, and the kids are enjoying filling cups and ice cream scoops. It's our cheap sandbox!

Here are a couple of pictures of my new spinning wheel and some lovely fiber:





I'm trying to spend a few minutes each day getting acquainted with my wheel. It really is enjoyable, and I'm making some fabulous "art" yarn.

My weigh-in was today. I have no picture, but the scale is still moving in the right direction. It read 187.4 pounds, so that's 2.6 pounds lost since last Monday. I am finding that I am a "sneaky snacker". I grab a few animal crackers here and a handful of the kids' dry cereal there. It all adds up! This is something I hope to work on this coming week. This goal will be added to my other goal of drinking more water.

Well, I'm about to publish this post and see if the pictures actually get uploaded! Have a great week; Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. I have a spinning wheel. It's an upright, Traveller style wheel. I love it, but haven't had the chance to use it for way too long. It doesn't help that I live in AZ now and the weather is not sweater-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! The spinning wheel is beautiful. When you can, please show us how it works, and what yarn it produces. How fun! And the rice/beans idea is excellent -- and so much tidier than sand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!