My mind is bubbling over with all the spring happenings! Sorry for the utter randomness, but isn't that part of the fun? Activities lately have included:
1. Vegetable garden. Tomatoes, 3-4 varieties of peppers, basil, a little zucchini and yellow squash, a few cucumbers, beets, and carrots that I thought I planted but cannot seem to find. Oldest girl and boy have their own patches of the sweetest haphazardness you have ever seen. Sticks and stones mark the rows, and we seem to have lost a whole packet of sunflower seeds in the garden somewhere :)
2. Herb garden. Forgive the list, but I need to write this down somewhere.....3-4 varieties of lavender, pineapple sage, regular sage, 4 varieties of mint, tarragon, 2 kinds of chives, 4 varieties of thyme, oregano, lemon balm, rosemary, etc.
3. Perennials. Black eyed Susan, Columbine, Bleeding Heart, Pincushion Flower, Bee Balm, Poppies, Catmint (not catnip), a miniature rose, clematis (one needs replacing), etc. Some of these were Mother's Day and birthday gifts.
4. Birthday. Mine already and two children's coming up next week. Presents are being researched.....fancy cord for friendship bracelets and Ninjago knockoff figurines are on the list. Fancy yarn has been ordered for myself!!
5. Anniversary. My man has been mine for 14 years next week <3
6. Trip to OH last weekend. Still unpacking and playing catch up and thinking of all the fun we had with an aunt and uncle who are great cooks! Fun was had visiting cousins and a little second cousin.
7. Hard things. Church situations and family situations and health situations(don't we all have them?).
8. Knitting. Almost done test knitting a sweet pattern. Still working away on my cardigan huge-ness.
9. Big project. We have a huge, leaning tree that actually leans over the chicken coop. It needs to come down, so we are dealing with a tree-cutting-man right now. Looks like we may have to take out 3 other trees to get the beast of the leaning tree safely down.
10. Tired. A good tired at the end of the day is the best feeling! Sore shoulders and a bit of sunburn means we had a great day outside with work and ice pops and laughter and skinned knees and a glimpse of a deer down our driveway and a visit with grandparents and my aforementioned man right beside me for 30 minutes of couch sitting before bed.
Good night world! TTFN!