Friday, February 19, 2010

Things I Love, February Edition

I love the fact that it's Friday!! We have dinner plans with friends from church, so I get to do some baking today. The fact that I've been watching what I eat means that not so much baking has been taking place. I apologize for the awkwardness of that last sentence; my editing skills have not been turned on this early.

Anyhoo.....butter and cream cheese are softening on the counter. No recipe is EVER complete without butter. The baking plans include a cream cheese pound cake with sour cream vanilla sauce and some mocha shortbread. My mouth is watering. Good thing I already put in a 30 minute workout this morning!

Big Fish's birthday is SUNDAY! I'm almost done with his knitted gift. Yesterday he received a fun gift card in the mail from his mom. I'm pretty sure it will be used to buy something related to fishing. Oh yes, we now have a hand-carved trout on the wall! Remember when we had that discussion about the mounted deer head? Well, a bit of a compromise has been reached. It's all about priorities, people.

Oh, oh! Another exciting little package came in the mail yesterday. I received my herb seeds. I have some soil left over, so I'm hoping to start my kitchen-garden-in-pots this weekend. We've decided to start small this year, so our garden will be in pots on the deck and a few plants in the yard. We have almost decided to purchase one motion activated sprinkler to help with the wildlife issue. Rhubarb plants, carrots, peppers, and tomatoes will probably make up our garden this year. Rhubarb plants take a couple years to establish, so we need to get them started!

Stay warm! This is the first day this week that I don't have to perform some sort of snow removal operation, so we will be cozy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you; comment away!